Ken Sterling

I would like to ask for an advice on installing a needle valve (made for
LPG) in to BBQ.
I need to lower the temp on my BBQ from about 275F (present min setting)
down to 225F to do some slow cooking. By opening tank valve with knob-valves
open I can trip safety on my tank regulator in to slow flow what gives me
about 180F but it is non adjustable and can not be increased. I am thinking
about installing needle valve (have one) but I am not sure if this let me
adjust the propane flow so I can regulate temperature in the range lower
than my present minimum. And where would be the better place to install the
needle valve - between the tank and the existing fixed regulator (high
pressure side) or between existing fixed regulator and the knob valves (low
pressure side)?
Thank you for response.

I believe I would refrain from cutting down the propane feed too much
as the flame *could* easily be blown out - and unless you have some
kind of temperature safety device on the grill, you would fill the
area with propane gas - waiting to be ignited. Even with my grill on
low, there isn't much flame and a hefty breeze *could* possibly blow
out the flame. I would think you would be better off with
thermostatically controlled electric element.
Ken.