Mike in Arkansas

Default Does white oak sparkle?

Not a lot of hardwood experience here so pardon what may be just be an
ignorant question. I was edging a router table top with wood recently
purchased at a small aution. Assumed to all be white oak, several of
the boards are more brown and even colored and this was what I was
using. Open grained and creamy brown color and not a lot of figure in
the piece I was cutting. My wife pointed out to me that in the bright
sun light it sparkles. Lots of little glimers or points of light as the
wood is moved around reflecting the light. Is this oak or something
else? Thanks