Larry Jaques

On 4 Jul 2005 12:01:09 -0700, the opaque
clearly wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:
"How can we make our point with so little data to go on? Aha, make the
increments so small the data (with which we want to scare folks) is
off the charts!" Oh, and "Let's estimate data about 10x longer than
we have ANY data for.)

SPLORF! I realize that is not your only criticism but it is hilarious
that you would base ANY criticism on the tic spacing on the temeprature
axis. If they spaced the tics 10 degrees apart the plot would look the
same, it would just be harder to convert the picture to numbers.

Graph range has been used to hide data more than once, bubba. Here
they go the opposite direction to support falsehoods and hysteria.

Yes, global warming is real. We're coming out of the Little Ice Age.
But I don't expect to see anything like Hell on Earth any time soon,
nor do I believe that the other scientists, such as those the movie
"The Day After Tomorrow" concept was based on, have a solid data
set(read: clue), either. Chances are good that we may see a full ONE
DEGREE CENTIGRADE rise in temps this century. I'm more afraid of OJ
than I am of Global Warming.

Recommendation for Chicken Littles: Read Michael Crichton's book
"State of Fear" for both a great story and an excellent reference
work with detailed bibliography for further research. It will give
you a whole new perspective, I guarantee!

Fiction or non-Fiction?

Fiction, but he states up front that ALL the data supplied is real and
he supports that with references in the back of the book, including
books, websites, published paper references, etc. If you think the
world is melting and we're all gonna die, I strongly suggest you read
that book tomorrow. Here are a couple links:

http://cdiac.esd.ornl.gov/ghcn/ghcn.html
http://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/station_data/
The data for Punta Arenas (the closest station to Antarctica) shows a
mean 0.5C drop in temps between 1888 and 2005. It's getting COLDER!
http://data.giss.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/gistemp/gistemp_station.py?id=304859340004&data_set=1&num_ neighbors=1

Annoy a politician: Be trustworthy, faithful, and honest!
---

Daring advice! Let us know how that works out for you, unless they
take your internet access away ...

Well, they haven't yet, but I have seen a black helicopter.

---
http://www.diversify.com Comprehensive Website Development