Dave Hinz

On Sat, 2 Jul 2005 08:51:24 -0700, lgb wrote:
In article , says...
On Fri, 1 Jul 2005 11:16:36 -0700, lgb wrote:

Hmmm. Fish stocks are being depleted, if not eliminated, by
overfishing.

In places.

Perhaps you could list the places in which they are abundant?

Perhaps you could do your own homework? It was your assertion, not
mine.

Land, as well as sea, animals and plants are going extinct
due to habitat loss, pollution, and overhunting,

Just as they've been doing for millions of years,

From pollution?

You're being intentionally dense, aren't you. Did I _say_ from
pollution?

and the very atmosphere
is changing due to pollution. CO2 is going up, O is going down.

Cite, please?

You got me. I couldn't find the report on oxygen levels I'd read on
this.

Well then.

However, it's accepted by almost everyone that CO2 is going up.

Yes. What is not accepted by "almost everyone" (as if popularity
decides science), is _why_ that's happening.

By definition, if the percent of CO2 in the atmosphere is increasing the
percent of oxygen, and nitrogen, and the trace gases, are going down.

Word games. I thought you were better than that. How about you go find
out what's going up and what's going down and come back to us once you
have a coherent point, Sparky.

reduction in the ozone layer is increasing skin cancer rates,

And, let's see. That's related to pollution how, exactly?

What's destroying the ozone layer, Dave?

What do you _think_ is destroying it? Molecules of very heavy freon?
Why is it that ozone down here (where, you know, the evil R-12 can get
to it) is a pollutant (Ozone Action Days, anyone? Hello?)?

Can you show me the long term data on the ozone layer, going back say,
1000 years? Is it cyclical?

and
nobody's quite sure what's happening to the amphibians.

Well then I'm not quite sure if I should be concerned.

Oh good - ignorance is bliss.

You said "nobody's quite sure what's happening", so I'll be one of the
"nobody's quite sure" what to do. Your statement is laughably
ambiguous.

I don't know why asthma has greatly increased over the last few decades
either, but I sure would like to.

Has it? Or, is it being diagnosed more?

I'm never sure with you Dave, whether your really believe your positions
or you're just yanking my chain. But in either case, some may take your
views as stated, so I felt I shoud respond. But this is the end of it
for me. You can have the last words, mistaken though they be.

I'm still trying to figure out what the hell your points are.

BTW, do you believe the earth is only 6000 years old?

Why in the world would you ascribe an idiotic view like that to me? You
do this with everyone you disagree with, assume that you disagree on
every topic there is? That's an odd failing, if so.