Dave Mundt

Greetings and Salutations...

On Sun, 3 Jul 2005 22:12:43 -0700, lgb wrote:

In article ,
says...
Well, why didn't you say "it's accepted by almost everyone" right away.
That is certainly one compelling statement. Some people might expect a
concept with near-universal agreement to be easy to back up.

Sorry, I should have said that a Google search on CO2 increase in the
atmosphere got almost a million hits. A lot of them are junk, but if
you think I'm going to examine each one you're nuts. However, look for
yourself. If you're too lazy, here's a few:

The good news is that you would not be ABLE to "examine each
one". Google limits you to the first 1000 URLS (or, roughly, the
first 100 pages) it returns, even if it DOES claim to have found
thousands of them.
To add to the annoyance, they also return the pages according
to their "ranking" system...which gives you the pages with the most
other links TO them first. As a researcher, I find this REALLY
annoying, because the real treasures are not found on the paths that
EVERYONE has plodded down. Rather they are found in the dusty
back shelves where no one has been for years.
However, Google's respose to this is "if you are getting that
many hits you are doing a bad search and should improve it".
Regards
Dave Mundt