Peter DiVergilio

Default Smithy 3 in 1

looked at a Smithy 3 in 1 today for $500. Not too bad shape, not much for
tooling, some gears, 3 jaw chuck and steady rest only - I passed, but am
still curious. There are no model or serial numbers present. The plate is
there. but there has never been a serial number stamped on it. The only
model info I could see was a "T" over an"A" on the mill/drill head. Made in
China. No paperwork with it - fellow bought it used -seems to work O.K.
Anyone able to come up with more information from this sketchy (at best)
description? Should I rush back and buy it? Is it the missing prototype
that's worth millions?
TIA

--
Peter DiVergilio
Most of the money I've wasted was mostly spent trying to impress people who