adder

Default Buying a house with a view to extend...

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message .net...

As for extending over the garage, it will probably be simpler to bulldoze
the existing and rebuild that section. The underpinning required to the
garage to be allowed an additional storey would likely be more expensive
than a scrape and dig. You can also rebuild using the appropriate bricks to
match the house, cavity walls, insulation and fireproofing (if you're
keeping it as a garage).

Any idea on costs??? I know that's like how long is a piece of string
but there's another house nearby that's 45k more & is already bigger.
I'm guessing the house is less than 20years old & more than likely the
detached garage would need to come down & all that side rebuilt. I'd
have to take walls off at least the downstairs to open up the rooms.
I can do things like drywalling, flooring, wiring, plumbing, windows,
roof, etc myself so would "just" need someone to build the structure &
plan it all out of course.