PrecisionMachinisT

"SQLit" wrote in message

"Lisa Taylor" wrote in message
Kyle Baxter wrote:

"Lisa Taylor" wrote

Prior to
signing, I also stated a complete clean-up & sufficient soffit
ventilation in the contract. The house had substandard soffit
ventilation and ice damming had been a problem in the past. The
contract also included a 5 year workmanship warranty and a 10 year
extended "System Plus" warranty from the manufacturer, GAF.

Soffit
vents were discussed with the estimator and again before the job
started.

You may have expressed your concern prior to signing, and discussed

things
with the estimator. But, the bottom line is, what did your contract

that
you signed state?

I included a clause "include sufficient soffit ventilation" in the

written
contract before I signed it and sent it to the roofer.

there you have it. a vague statement. You wanted new, more venting. your
contract says sufficient.
I would refuse payment and wait for the contractor to sue. Drilling a few
holes certainly is not worth going to court.

If the shingle manufacturer won't warranty the product because the installer
has provided insufficient ventilation then he has breached his implied
contract pure and simple.

What else could "include sufficient soffit ventilation" have implied in this
case anyways ???

I would take HIM to court unless he gets those warranty papers turned in
pronto.

--

SVL