Harry K

dean wrote:
Is there a fix for this? Condensation is dripping all over the cold
water pipes (from the well) in my basement during humid weather. Its
not just the pipes but the filter tank too. Should I just wrap them up
in insulation, or can I add a small pipe heater or something like that
to take the chill off?

I wrapped up the system in my previous house, but it seemed to just
spread the problem further along the plumbing system, presumably
because the cold water was never warming up in the insulated part.

Any help appreciated.

Dean

Several suggestions. My take on it: You actually have two problems.

1. Excess humidity in the basement: Either cure that or live with it,
I live with it as it isn't harming anything. YMMV

2. Condensate dripping from pipes: Insulate the pipes - cheap,
effective solution for that problem. Or ignore it as I do as again it
isn't hurting anything. Of course mine is not a major drip, your's
might be. Mine is not a living area and again your's might be.

As for heat tapes or other methods of warming the pipes - what does
that do that insulation won't do much cheaper and probably better?

Harry K