Ralph Mowery

"Joshua Putnam" wrote in message
In article . net,
says...

If it is a Mobile home, it should have a title just like a car. If it

is a
modular home then it will not have a title.

This was true of older mobile homes, back when they really were
considered mobile. But it is now quite common to eliminate the title
on a permanently-installed manufactured home, so it becomes just like
any other improvement on the property.

Washington State has even made it illegal to discriminate against
approved manufactured homes in zoning -- cities have to zone them
essentially the same as any other single-family residence.

That was the point I was trying to make. Several years ago I was talking to
some contractors that were getting into the modular homes. From what they
said from a visit to a manufactor there were two production lines , one for
mobile homes and one for modular homes. They were made almost the same.
One had a title and it was called a mobile home and the other line did not
have a title to it and was called a mudular home. The town and county I
live in will not allow mobile homes in some areas. They will allow the
modular homes. I can not tell the differance just by looking at them. Some
of the modular homes still look like the mobile homes to me. I hate to
bring it up but it is like Bill Clinton's sex. It may not be sex as he
understands it.