alex goldman

Physically broken/cracked surface mount components or the solder
connections to same. Rarely visible to the naked eye.

Is it practical to try to diagnose it further, and if so, how?

I won't bother with the phone (it's cheap), but for the laptop I couldn't
locate a replacement motherboard, and getting a completely new one is
expensive.

Is it possible to fix a motherboard if it has such problems somewhere
(broken/cracked surface mount components or the solder connections to
same)? If so, what kind of equipment, knowledge and time commitment will I
need?