lgb

In article ,
says...

I picked up a small woodworking vise, unknown brand but has Made in U.S.A.
molded into the body of it, and what I think is a fairly old Stanley
Warrington hammer.

Nice gloat. I had a good Saturday as well. I collect old handsaws and
found 4 in quite good shape for $5 total. They a

An Atkins "Silver Steel" #54 from 1900-1910, my favorite saw. I don't
know what Atkins put in their steel, but it has some of the properties
of stainless. I've never seen one badly rusted, usually no or very
little rust.

A Disston "Acme 120" from 1896-1914. This is the one made with no set
and tapered teeth that supposedly sawed a smooth enough cut that it
could be glued without planing off the saw marks.

An unknown Disston, probably a D8 but the engraving is too faded to
read. Also 1896-1914

And the real find - a "Joseph Haywood Sheffield" from the UK with "split
nut" handle screws. Best guess, about 1870-1880. The name is more
"stamped" than "etched" and is very simple. Could be even older. The
company, what little I can find, started up in the early 1800s and was
defunct before 1900.

OK, nobody but another saw collector will get excited, but I had to brag
somewhere :-).

--
BNSF = Build Now, Seep Forever