Todd Fatheree

"lgb" wrote in message
and the very atmosphere
is changing due to pollution. CO2 is going up, O is going down.

Cite, please?

You got me. I couldn't find the report on oxygen levels I'd read on
this. However, it's accepted by almost everyone that CO2 is going up.
By definition, if the percent of CO2 in the atmosphere is increasing the
percent of oxygen, and nitrogen, and the trace gases, are going down.

Well, why didn't you say "it's accepted by almost everyone" right away.
That is certainly one compelling statement. Some people might expect a
concept with near-universal agreement to be easy to back up. But don't
worry...I've done your work for you and found a report of falling oxygen
levels. Apparently, an Australian study
(http://www.climateark.org/articles/1999/atoxfall.htm) from 1999 measured
the atmospheric oxygen change over a 20-year period to be (are you sitting
down) 0.03%. One wonders the amount of error contained in that calculation
and if it has any application outside of the Cape Grim Baseline Air
Pollution Station in Tasmania. I know this will be difficult for the
Chicken Little society to comprehend, but CO2 input is not the only variable
in the atmospheric gas equation. It seems that with higher CO2 levels,
these green things (we'll call them "plants") work overtime doing something
called photosynthesis, which releases oxygen.

But hey, don't the let the absence of your ability to locate a fact keep you
(and "almost everyone" else) from believing it.

todd