larry moe 'n curly

Tom MacIntyre wrote:

On 3 Jul 2005 00:30:21 -0700, "larry moe 'n curly"
wrote:

I want to put my motherboard 32-pin PLCC BIOS chips into
sockets so I can hot flash them if they somehow get
erased, as many of them have, but how cam I solder those
sockets to the circuit board without special equipment?
It seems that their surface mount contacts are inside the
perimeter.

Simply, you probably can't. The board is likely multi-layered.

But the surface mount socket mounts on the surface, doesn't it? I
already unsoldered the BIOS chip (solder wick and a double-edge razor)
and can see all the solder pads.