Phisherman

On Sat, 02 Jul 2005 23:15:06 -0400, Vinnie Boombotts
wrote:

Hello, I hope this is the correct newsgroup.

I am renovating a 1900 Victorian. It has decorative wood trim around windows
and door frames. This trim has been painted numerous times over the years.

I heard of sandblasting painted wood trim. Has anyone done this?
Is there a quick or better way to remove thick paint on wood trim.

Thank you in advance.

Sandblasting will damage the molding. More specifically, sandblasting
will not only remove the paint, but it will remove any sharp edges in
the wood--normally not something desirable for trim. Paint stripper,
various scrapers, rubber gloves, coffee cans, lots of time is the way
to go. A heat gun may be an alternative to the caustic chemical
stripper.