Tim Williams

"George Willer" wrote in message
No, it doesn't turn yellow... should it?

That would mean the electrode is reacting, I'm assuing it isn't supposed
to...

Just to be safe I'll refrain from ingesting the glop from the tank.

Cr6+ can be absorbed through the skin as well, so wear gloves around it.
(Cr3+ is almost as harmless as table salt, in contrast.)

Cr6+ is easily reduced, if you have some ferrous sulfate or sodium bisulfite
(or any sulf_ite_ for that matter, including SO2 gas) on hand, that'll
reduce it no problem.

I have noticed the stainless gaining a
tinge from the paint color of the part being de-rusted. It wipes right

off
so it may not be electrically deposited, but simple settling.

Paint is usually an insulator so that sounds about right.

Tim

--
"California is the breakfast state: fruits, nuts and flakes."