nightjar

Default Stairlift (a bit OT but I respect the experiences of the group)

"John" john.plant90@NO-SPAMntlworldDOTcom wrote in message
Unfortunately she is a bit overweight and has been frightened into "you

must
have a proper survey otherwise it cannot be guaranteed" situation.

A standard stair lift should be capable of taking up to 20 stone.

When my parents had a stair lift installed, the installers surveyed the
stairs and said exactly how much it would cost. However, they were buying
privately, rather than through Social Services.

I have noted that most equipment in the disability shops don't display
prices. I guess they have a captive market.

Prices for disabled equipment are not straighforward, as VAT exemption can
be claimed in many cases.

Colin Bignell