Taunt

Ernie Leimkuhler wrote:
Hi Guys.

I have decided to spend some of this summer finally compiling a welding
book.

I am curious what you guys would want in a book.
I am looking for a balance of technical info to step by step
descriptions.

Lots of pictures and likely I will do at least 1 dvd or tape to work
with the book.
I will likely start with a general welding book and move on to a TIG
specific book, or maybe the other way around.
I need both for teaching and if it is an actual published book the
school can buy them.

I, myself, get more out of seeing it done and hearing it instead of
reading it.

When I was an 'on the job trainer' of 3-5 axis machining centers at a
aerospace manufacturing company, it seemed that after showing and
explaining what and how it should be done is when the light went off in
their eyes (i get it light).

As a teacher of welding (Ernie), how many of your students got it by
reading and how many needed hands on and verbal instruction?