Grant Erwin

Richard Ferguson wrote:

There are two books with similar titles, both around 700 pages, both
around $70. One is "Modern Welding" by Turnquist and Bowditch, the
other is "Modern Welding Technology" by Carey and Helzer. I wanted to
make sure which one you were referring to.

I actually meant "Modern Welding", not "Modern Welding Technology". Actually, I
am not familiar with the latter. The former is a good book, but not a
compellingly great one, but if you're trying to look up something arcane it will
probably be in it. I actually strongly suggest you check it out of your local
library and read it first, maybe one pass is all you need. If you later decide
you need to see something in it again, check it out again! If you find you are
checking it out all the time, only then buy a book that costs this much.

Books can be clutter too. I read many but own few. Also, lots and lots of books
are available used cheap now. 10 years ago if I wanted e.g. the 2 volume set by
Burghardt if I saw it in a local bookstore it would likely be $45. Today it's
likely going on half.com for like $6. Tough on booksellers, but good for buyers.

GWE