Andy Hall

Default oops

On Wed, 19 May 2004 22:24:01 +0100, Will wrote:

Hi Andy,

I guess that you live in a fairly modern property? I have seen
such like that have blocks let into front lawns that read "boundary"
or similar, a meter or so before the inner edge of the pavement.

Exactly.

The area that I live in, which must be similar to a huge number
of others, predates this scenario, in that my boundary extends to the
inner edge of the pavement, the demarcation evident by slim inset
"kerb stones". As far as I'm aware - and I was the first occupant of
the property nearly 40 years ago - all of the services, with the
exception of the overhead electrical supply, run under the road. The
water cutoffs are let into the pavement, and I can remember my father
(I didn't say that I was the head of the family!) cutting the 'phone
line whilst laying the front lawn. The phone line entered the property
perpendicular to the frontage.

It is possible that you are correct in your deductions, but
having witnessed the "workmen" that the utility companies tend to
employ, I am not too surprised that the cable might well be within
this chap's boundary...

Oh sure. They don't bury in the correct place or depth.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl