Duane Bozarth

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

"Duane Bozarth" wrote in message
.
IMO, the risk of putting sleeping kids in a basement area w/o the egress
solution is an excessive one that can virtually always be solved for
relatively minimal cost. You, of course, are allowed to have a
differing opinion (but not a legal residence in any locale I'm aware
of)...

Would I consider one night for spare space? Sure, assuming other
conditions satisfactory. But as permanent space? No...

Slow down. Did you read the original post? Where did he say he was putting
kids in bedrooms?

Yes, I did...I simply suggested to OP that if (as his initial tone
suggested) he was trying to get out of spending a few extra bucks on a
remodel by averting code he was possibly thinking of the problem wrong
end round. (I did make an assumption that he wouldn't be worried about
code reqm't if it weren't a part of the finishing that there could be
bedrooms as part of the plan, granted). OPs followup was almost a 180
degree turnaround in tone from his first and I then (sorta') apologized
and suggested essentially identical action as you just did.

But, CL jumped all over me for suggesting that I was/am a
"sky-is-falling" type to have suggested the door w/ an (imo)
over-the-top response which I didn't think could be ignored entirely...

So, the above response was in followup to the follwup, not to OP...