Doug Miller

In article , wrote:
" wrote:
I have been told that the ***plug wires*** for a 120V wired smoke
detector do not count towards the wire fill of the box. I just wanted
to confirm that this is correct or incorrect.

Pigtails usually aren't counted towards box fill. Never know with some
inspectors, 'tho.

Per the NEC, pigtails are *never* counted: "Conductors, no part of which
leaves the box, _shall_not_ be counted." [emphasis added]

--
Regards,