cowboy

are you saying the low side is in retard (vacuum) or is greater than 120
psi?

the title says one thing and the text of your message says the other

either way, it is VERY unlikely that a "reed valve" in the compressor would
cause either reading

please post the correct high & low side pressures you measured and the
ambient temperature they were measured at

PS - if your unit was truly "low on R-22", then it has a leak, they just
don't use up some like a car uses a little oil!

sounds like you need an A/C contractor who is competent

"NewsReader" wrote in message
We recently had our air conditioning serviced by a professional
contractor. Was low on R-22, no
leak found so he charged it up.

Since then we have had some intermittant problems (no cooling). Put some
meters on the outside unit
with the low side 120 psi and the high side ~175 psi.

I called our air conditioning contractor (1 week backlog) and he believes
it is probably the reed
value in the compressor and the compressor needs replaced. For those who
care, this is Lennox.

Wanted to double check if this makes sense. Any input appreciated.

Thanks. Direct replies to: firefly24 comcast net (insert @ and .)
Gary.