Dr. Anton Squeegee

In article . com,
says...

I want to put my motherboard 32-pin PLCC BIOS chips into sockets so I
can hot flash them if they somehow get erased, as many of them have,
but how cam I solder those sockets to the circuit board without special
equipment? It seems that their surface mount contacts are inside the
perimeter.

Unless the motherboard was explicitly laid out with the foil pattern for PLCC sockets,
you're pretty much SoL.

How is it that you came to believe E2PROMs can "somehow get erased?" As I recall, most
modern motherboard with FLASH update capability require that a hardware jumper be manually
set before they will allow any writing to the chips.

Keep the peace(es).