Andrew Rossmann

[This followup was posted to sci.electronics.repair and a copy was sent
to the cited author.]

In article .net,
says...
Just tore into my children's DVD player to repair a stuck button. I now
have a problem with the remote not working.

I thought it might be the remote transmitter, so I tried the trick of lookig
at it through a camcorder, and it does light up. I've now decided that it's
the remote control receiver in the player. The player is a very inexpensive
Apex player, but I hate to throw it away if it's inexpensive to repair. I
didn't see any obviously loose pins on the circuit board.

Are these sensors somewhat generic? Something I can pick up at Radio Shack
for a few $$$? Nowadays, the dvd players are just about useless without the
remote. As a side note, I tried to program my Directv receiver remote, and
it didn't work.

Have you checked the circuit board and wiring/cables in the DVD
players, especially around the sensor? You may have pulled something
loose, cracked a board, or physically put something together wrong and
the sensor is blocked.

law!!
http://home.att.net/~andyross