firstjois

Vinnie Boombotts wrote:
Hello, I hope this is the correct newsgroup.

I am renovating a 1900 Victorian. It has decorative wood trim around
windows and door frames. This trim has been painted numerous times
over the years.

I heard of sandblasting painted wood trim. Has anyone done this?
Is there a quick or better way to remove thick paint on wood trim.

Thank you in advance.

I've seen sandblasting inside a closed container with portholes so the
worker can insert hands into gloves and rotate the wood as desired. The
goal was to remove some of the paint and some of the softer wood and give
the piece an antique sort of look. The results were beautiful. I have
difficulty thinking about what would happen if you were sandblasting
without the closed container.

Are you removing all the molding and doing the stripping outside?

Joise