George Willer

No, it doesn't turn yellow... should it? Just to be safe I'll refrain from
ingesting the glop from the tank. I have noticed the stainless gaining a
tinge from the paint color of the part being de-rusted. It wipes right off
so it may not be electrically deposited, but simple settling.

George Willer

"Grant Erwin" wrote in message
George Willer wrote:
What am I missing here? I use FREE electrodes that will last nearly
forever unless the polarity gets accidentally reversed. I find them
along the road disguised as stainless wheel covers. The current one is
from a Buick. I like it better than the Cadillac one it replaces.

Does your solution slowly turn yellow? That's hexavalent chromium, and
it's DEADLY POISON. That's why it's strongly suggested not to use
stainless electrodes.

GWE