gtslabs

Thanks for all the good comments.
I have reduced the cut in/out level but am still having some problems.
It will load up and cut out at 120 but will not restart all the time.
about 50% of the time it will trip the breaker upon restarting at the
lower end (~80 psi). I removed the cover on the centrifical unloader
and it appears to operate freely. Plus there is an open line on top of
its housing that I belive helps bleed the air off so the heads dont
start under load.

Having one phantom leg of power from my Anderson phase converter I
wonder if 1 particular leg needs hooked directly to the motor and not
to the pressure switch. My switch has 4 poles, 2 lines and 2 going to
the motor, so my third leg goes directly to the motor. I measured the
current on each leg and was getting about 45+ amps on one leg and if I
remmeber corretly about 11 amps on the other 2 each. This was during
the running stage and not during the initial start-up. So I was
wondering why that one leg did not trip my 40 amp breaker every time.

I dont have a demand meter but am concerned about the power costs of
running this motor for my 40"x40" sandblast cabinet.