Mark & Juanita wrote:
On Sat, 02 Jul 2005 05:28:45 -0500, Prometheus

More a Steve Malloy fan www.junkscience.com

Splorf! I 'discoverd' Malloy back when I was working support for
one of the TOMS missions. At the time he was 'debunking' ozone
studies published in peer-reviewed journals citing letters to
the editors from newspapers.

'Just scientist' he is, no doubt of that.

Steve Malloy presents some pretty objective evidence that while global
climate change may be occurring (as it always has, the global climate has
never been in steady state); it is highly questionable that the change is
due to human causes.

This is the sort of nonsense one reads from junk scientists. There
is no doubt that humans have an effect on Global Climate. The issue
in controversy is the magnitude and direction.

Typical of the junk scientist is a tendency to try to reduce all
questions as a dichotomy and to claim (contary to fact) that
statistics can determine which answer is correct.

The global warming hysteria is a prime example. The idea that by
measuring tree ring size, one can determine the average temperature of an
area to within tenths of a degree is ludicrous, yet this is one of the bits
of evidence being used to show how average temperature is increasing
compared to several centuries in the past.

In general I tend to doubt stories presented without references.
In the instant case this sounds like it might be a misrepresentation
of some published work by a junk scientist (like Malloy) who most
likely didn't understand it in the first place.

--

FF