pyotr filipivich

Let the record show that Gunner wrote back on Sat,
02 Jul 2005 20:28:53 GMT in rec.crafts.metalworking :

I cringe when I say this....but there is some advantage to combination
tools...cringe..such as the obiqitous Harbor Freight
roller/sheer/brake as it takes up less than a third of the space
needed for all three seperate tools.

I have one..cringe..and I also have a Pexto 52" shear (in storage), a
DiAcro 36" finger brake (in storage), a DiAcro 6" power notcher (for
sale) and so forth. They are in storage because I dont have the room
for em, and the HF gizmo kinda sorta mostly does what I want it to do,
on the rare occasions I need sheet metal tools.

It does what you need to do "on the rare occasions I need sheet metal
tools."
If you were doing sheet metal work on a regular basis, getting
dedicated machines might be worth it.

Much as, years ago, I did lots of woodworking on a Shopsmith, because
it was a Shopsmith or nothing.

--
pyotr filipivich.