Barry Lennox

On Sat, 02 Jul 2005 04:17:34 GMT, Ernie Leimkuhler
wrote:

Hi Guys.

I have decided to spend some of this summer finally compiling a welding
book.

I am curious what you guys would want in a book.
I am looking for a balance of technical info to step by step
descriptions.

Lots of pictures and likely I will do at least 1 dvd or tape to work
with the book.
I will likely start with a general welding book and move on to a TIG
specific book, or maybe the other way around.
I need both for teaching and if it is an actual published book the
school can buy them.

There's a lot of books on the market, so I guess you need something to
make it stand out.

I have a Maxstar 140 (Bought on your recommendation back in 2000, it's
a great machine) and I mainly stick weld with it. What I'd like to see
in the book is:

Good practical advice on how all the different rods behave, and how to
get the best out of them (Another poster also requested this)

A list of the top ten things to do to improve your welding.

Photographs of the common problems, and then a list of practice
exercises designed to overcome each of these.

A DVD would be good, assuming it does not put the price up too high.

Barry Lennox