JohnM

Ernie Leimkuhler wrote:
Hi Guys.

I have decided to spend some of this summer finally compiling a welding
book.

I am curious what you guys would want in a book.
I am looking for a balance of technical info to step by step
descriptions.

Lots of pictures and likely I will do at least 1 dvd or tape to work
with the book.
I will likely start with a general welding book and move on to a TIG
specific book, or maybe the other way around.
I need both for teaching and if it is an actual published book the
school can buy them.

You're gonna need wheels for this book if you take even half the advice
you've got so far..

What about booklets, wire bound (as someone else suggested).. one for
each process, including a reference in the back on alloys, filler for
what alloy and common sources of different alloys.

DVD's might work out, dunno. There you run into stuff like filesharing,
if that bothers you. Books can also be scanned and fileshared but that'd
not be the same as having a quality, friendly book. A DVD isn't as
useful in the shop as a good book, at least not in my shop. On the other
hand, a DVD can be sold pretty cheap- if you were willing to sell it
cheap enough you might not have to worry much about people stepping on
your copyright. Retailed on ebay at about $6, they would really sell,
should also be cheap enough to discourage pirating.

Best of luck with it,

John