Roger Shoaf

I also kind of like the blue color when you are taking a heavy cut of steel
with a carbide cutter.

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.
"Doug Warner" wrote in message

How may take a really close look at the swarf they produce?

I was cutting some rings from the face of 6" brass round
http://webpages.charter.net/dwarner2/Rings.JPG
for a clockmaker / co-worker, and was (easily) impressed by the
variety of forms the cuttings had, from the .063" wide flat sprials,
to dust particles, to wispy fluff.

I decided to take a macro shot of the stuff before disposing of it,
and posted this large (2.7MB) photo to scroll around it.
If your web browser shrinks it to fit the screen, expand it to full
size to see the full range..
http://webpages.charter.net/dwarner2/Swarf.jpg

To reply, please remove one letter from each side of "@"
Spammers are VERMIN. Please kill them all.