Stormin Mormon

Log on to www.gardensalive.com and buy liquid ant bait. blue liquid in two
ounce bottles. Follow the directions. Only stuff that has ever worked for
me.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"HerHusband" wrote in message
About a week ago we were invaded by Carpenter ants. They were crawling in
heavy numbers in my home office, so I tried the only thing I had on hand,
ant spray. It killed the ants I could see, but they quickly found other
ways into the house (no big surprise there).

So, I made a trip to the store and picked up some Raid ant baits and put
them around the house. These have "dual" bait types and were the only
indoor baits that even mentioned carpenter ants. But, there hasn't been a
single ant that even went near the things.

So, another trip to the store and I found some baits called "Grants Ant
Control System". These had 10 little stakes you put outside. I put them
outside yesterday along some of the more obvious ant trails. At first the
ants seemed to love them and were climbing all over each other to get to
the bait. But today, not a single ant near any of the baits, despite
significant numbers of ants all around the house. It appears they have
"learned" that these baits are toxic and won't go near them now.

I would prefer to avoid hiring an exterminator, but I've exhausted the
options available at the local home centers. I've seen other ant baits
online that claim to be more effective, but I'm hesitant to shell out
another $30 for one more thing that doesn't work.

It seems most ant poisons, sprays, baits, dusts, etc. are not real
effective for carpenter ants (and often say so on the packages).

I saw a recommendation for "Combat Ant Gel" which was supposedly available
from Home Depot, but our local store only carried Combat "Roach" gel which
said nothing about ants.

Can anyone recommend good do-it-yourself solutions for eliminating
carpenter ants?

Thanks,

Anthony