CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert

Mark wrote:
On 15 Jun 2005 08:39:42 -0700, "Matt" wrote:

None wrote:

Mine only last 2 year at best. What about putting a think steel or
aluminium plate on top of the burner to protect from the drippings. It
would be a hair smaller shape then the burner, in order not to block the
flame. Any ideas? Thanks

Weber has em, they are called flavorizer bars.

Problem is, the flavorizer bars burn up instead of the burner. But,
mine lasted 5 years, and I grill quite a bit. I'm about to buy some new
bars.... havn't checked yet, but I'm pretty sure they are a lot cheaper
then a new burner or grill.

Weber's burners are also made of stainless steel. Nobody else seems to do
this. They guarantee them for 10 years, so you know you'll get at least
that before they rot.

I bought a Weber last month. Carchoal. Awesome. All the rest of my
grills suck in comparison. If they are public Ill probably pick up some
stock because they are a quality product.

dont folks usually put the lava rocks over the flames and the drippings
hit the rocks rather than the burners?

--
Respectfully,

CL Gilbert