No

Have you ever reused a Styrofoam coffee cup? I drink a lot of coffee and one
time I only had access to a single Styrofoam coffee cup. I used it all day,
kept refilling it, for about 6-8 cups of coffee over about 7 hours. By last
cup Styrofoam was seeping coffee through. Yuck.

"toller" wrote in message
My neighbor threw out a 6' diameter hottub cover, presumably because the
fabric covering had a small cut in it. It is entirely styrofoam.

I was thinking of using it either as a swimplatform at the lake, or as
floatation for a wood swimplatform. The manufacturer recommends against
it; although the covering is nominally waterproof (well, after I patch the
cut) the styrofoam will eventually absorb water and become useless.

Is that true? Styrofoam is used for boyancy in boats and it doesn't
absorb water, but maybe they waterproof it somehow. (wouldn't you think a
hottub cover would be waterproof?)