Stormin Mormon

From when I took some AC courses, "sensible heat" is when you add or remove
BTU, and it makes a temperature difference. For example, you heat or cool
dry air. The temp goes up or down.

Latent heat is adding or removing BTU, which doesn't make a temperature
change -- in other words, humidity. An example is running an AC which
condenses out a lot of water, but doesn't change the temp. We'd call that
"reducing latent heat".

Or, so it was explained to me.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
. ..

"SQLit" wrote in message

I do not have a clue what a "sensible BTU" is nor how to measure it.

Sensible heat is the heat energy contained in the contents of the house.
Stored heat, I guess is a good term for it. A chair at 80 degrees contains
more heat than the chair at 70 degrees. I don't know how you go about
measuring it. Once you reduce the sensible heat in a building, it will not
gain as long as the AC continues to run and remove any additional heat
coming into the house.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/