Joseph Meehan

jessica wrote:
We have decided to go with a 14 seer heat pump with back up propane.
Now the question is what size? Different contractors have said
anywhere from 3 ton to 4 ton. Only one contractor actually did a
Manual J. He determinded we need 41,000 BTU for cooling and 75,000
BTU for heating. He recommends we go wtih a 4 ton unit. There are
actual BTU's and sensible BTU's, and given our area, we should size
to 4 ton to match the "sensible BTU's" Does this make sense? This
contractor has come with very good reviews. We just want to oversize
the unit.

I live in southern maryland about 35 miles south of D.C. We have very
hot and humid summers.

Thank you!

Jessica

Only one meets the requirements. He did the numbers and comes
recommended. Frankly the most important part of the whole thing is the
installer. It appears (and I have no way of knowing for sure) you have a
good one. A good one will consider local conditions (like your humidity)
when designing a installation.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit