Rich Greenberg

In article ,
DA wrote:

John wrote:

To watch the vast stretch of land in front of my house, to watch my
back...
watch my car...sitting comfortably on my work desk?

Man, that's A LOT OF watching! Don't you have a life to live? No,
seriously: unless you have enough $ to hire a full-time guard
($150,000/year/guard is the industry's average cost in US), you are not
going to be able to make any use of LIVE video from four cameras. What you
probably meant to say you need is to RECORD the pictures (like, 2 frames
per second or 10 at best) and then, if, God forbid, something bad happens,
be able to go back and find the recording that would let you see who the
wrong-doer was.

There is software available to examine 2 consequitive frames and detect
differences and trigger an alarm. It can be set to ignore squirrels
etc.