chemqueries

Default Toilet doesn't stop running

My toilet has been running continuously. The water continues to pour
over into the overflow pipe. First, I tried lowering the level of the
water in the tank by adjusting the clamp on the Fluidmaster. Then, I
thought there might be dirt and debris in the FluidMaster unit itself.
I removed the cap and flushed it out with water. I also replaced the
rubber washer-type piece that lies in the cap of the Fluidmaster. None
of these attempts worked. I also inspected the overflow pipe for
cracks, but I couldn't find any. What's the next step? Should I just
replace the entire FluidMaster unit?