Kathy

"FireBrick" wrote in
message ...
attempting to remodel the wife's bathroom.
She's always thought the toilet was too close to

the shower stall wall.
I'd like to move it to the left (as you face it)

just a few inches.

An inspection of the pipe shows the closet bend

(I think that's what it's
called) that the toilet sits on goes right into a

large main drain's hub
with the old lead filled hub.

I have no experience with oakum and lead so am

reluctant to try this on my
own.

But...
Can I get a pipe cutter, cut the closet bend

before the 90 degree turn and
use one of those sleeve and clamp devices?

Will the shock of the snapping loosen the lead

and cause a leak?

Someone must have developed a simple fix for this

problem.

Any suggestions besides hiring a plumber?
( I will if that's the only alternative but

really can't afford one )

Please and thank you.

Why don't you take a look at this:
http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=eljer+triangle+