Tim Schwartz

Bob,

I've got a "Eveready Battery Engineering Data, Vol. III, 1984" book,
and **THAT** shows the W353 as discontinued. There is not much about it
other than its is an ANSI/NEDA 11, IEC R25-2 or a military BA802/U. the
dimensions are listed as:

Height 104 to 105.6 mm
width 64.3 to 65.9 mm
depth 33.3-34.9 mm

It is shown as a carbon -zinc type, but no current (amperage) or life
specs are given.

Best of luck in your quest,
Tim Schwartz

BoborAnn wrote:

I am repairing a Simpson model 1699 precision milliohm meter and found one
of these batteries in it. There was also a standard 9 Volt Battery which
leads me to believe the unit is 20-30 years old.
I've searched everywhere and can't find any info on this battery and was
hoping someone could advise what its characteristics were and why someone
would use this versus a standard D cell in this application.
Its about 1 1/4 X2 1/4 X 4 Inches and 1.5 V and bears no date code
This is a great meter and I'd like to find the right battery and not need
adapt a D Cell
Thanks in Advance
Bob