John

Default Stairlift (a bit OT but I respect the experiences of the group)

An elderly relative needs a stairlift and a bathroom conversion. Social
Services have said they cannot provide any financial support with the lift
but they will with the bathroom.

Relative has had a visit but was told that she won't know the cost of the
stairlift until after it has been installed. On asking what would she do if
she can't afford it she was told she could pay on monthly terms. It all
seems like the window salesmen of the 1970's. The installation is as simple
as possible - straight stairs. An accurate estimate and the APR of any
finance surely is a legal requirement.

I asked why she couldn't make arrangements directly with a stairlift
supplier. She had been told that she has to go through Social Services as it
is part of the "Scheme" with the bathroom.

Sorry to be a bit vague - any ideas on what the normal practice is?

--

Regards

John

---
All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.