LRod

On Sat, 02 Jul 2005 10:23:56 +0100, Andy Dingley
wrote:

On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 21:53:11 -0500, "D. J." wrote:

This is trivial stuff, but I've been making a few Shaker wall clocks and
downloaded a clockface with Roman numerals. Where I went to school, the
number (4) was IV. However on the clockface I have it is IIII.

This is a much older change than the Shakers - it's usually dated to a
clock that Henry VIII had installed at Hampton Court.

Did Henry install it or was it already there by Cardinal Woolsey?

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net