RoyJ

No such luck, doorway is at the top of the 3 steps. It has to go through
and down in one motion. I'd plan to timber and plank the steps to make a
solid ramp. I have help but they are not savy about levers and weight.
I'd like to set it up so it could be done alone, then ask for some
assistance for the expected. I'll leave it on a skid.

Why wooden rollers rather than pipe? I do have a dozen or so birch
rolling pin blanks, they would roll as easy as could be, jsut would get
chewed up on the concrete.

Thanks for the offer to help but I doubt if you want to drive 1500 miles.

rigger wrote:
First make sure you have to take the table off. Can you run the table
out to the end of the knee and work it around the corner first and then
go forward with the mill? If not then your table removal scheme sounds
correct. Perhaps add some timber (cribbing) to the floor at the bottom
of the steps so you only go down 1 or 2 (or less?) steps and onto
rollers (wooden rollers are best here) and then down to the floor in
several stages from there, removing cribbing as you go forward. If you
can get a good holdback on it to control the forward movement and one
or two husky helpers you can do it easily without the skid.
I would suggest not bothering to take off the head or overarm unless
you're without help. If you're anywhere in my neck of the woods I'd be
happy to lend a hand (100 mi. N of Sac.)
I hope this helps.
Dennis in nca