Randy Zimmerman

I think that you text should be specific to one or two processes. For
example: one on TIG, another on wire feed, another on stick and arc
gouging, and so on.
Coil bound so that it sits flat would be good. If it is going to be
used as a learning tool it would be wise to construct the book so that it
would take revisions or addendums easily. Pictures are nice but expensive.
I am wondering if there is a computer graphic process that converts
photographs to simple line drawings.
As people mentioned pictures of mistakes would be good. A series of
exercises with matching diagnostic pictures would be helpful.
If you target the book for everyone it will end up suitable for no one.
Randy

Ernie Leimkuhler" wrote in message
Hi Guys.

I have decided to spend some of this summer finally compiling a welding
book.

I am curious what you guys would want in a book.
I am looking for a balance of technical info to step by step
descriptions.

Lots of pictures and likely I will do at least 1 dvd or tape to work
with the book.
I will likely start with a general welding book and move on to a TIG
specific book, or maybe the other way around.
I need both for teaching and if it is an actual published book the
school can buy them.

--
"I love deadlines, especially the wooshing sound they make as
they fly by" - Douglas Adams