Billy Joan Kane

Absolutely - unless your local code says no. Mine does in my basement and
runs along side the dryer vent.

"bryanska" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello,

If I install a bathroom fan, must the exhaust route through the
roof/attic? Can it be vented anywhere outside?

I am installing this fan in a basement bathroom. It would be easier to
route the exhaust out of the side of the house, like a clothes dryer
vent. Is that possible/advised?

OR - are there other, code-compliant solutions to installing a bathroom
vent fan?

I was thinking about "tapping into" the bathroom vent directly above
this bathroom, but that involves ripping out drywall in the upstairs
bath...