PipeDown

Spring loaded hinges? Has anyone ever actually done that? Sounds like I
could pay someone to clean them for me 5 years in a row before I could pay
for new facia with funky "micky mouse" spring loaded hinges.

When the downspout clogs and the gutters fill up, do they suddenly flip open
and dump the water all over.

I don't know of any that are perfect.

"Goedjn" wrote in message

Wondering what the "state of the art" is in rain gutter covers. A couple
years ago, we had the roof shingles installed, but the roofing guys could
not recommend a good gutter covers.

Originally, the gutters were covered with a nylon mash type cover, but it
was flimsy and buckled up in many places. I installed a white, flat
plastic
covers from Home Depot. It looked like they should keep the leaves and
maple seeds out - but it did not work too good. Fair amount of water
makes
it past it. How - don't know.

What should I try next ??? :-) Don't enjoy climbing anymore.

Take the gutter off. Install another fascia attached to the first
with spring-loaded hinges. When you need to clean the gutters,
reach up with a gaff, and pull down on the gutter until it flips
upside down.

--Goedjn