BoborAnn

Default Eveready W-353 Battery Any info or sources available?

I am repairing a Simpson model 1699 precision milliohm meter and found one
of these batteries in it. There was also a standard 9 Volt Battery which
leads me to believe the unit is 20-30 years old.
I've searched everywhere and can't find any info on this battery and was
hoping someone could advise what its characteristics were and why someone
would use this versus a standard D cell in this application.
Its about 1 1/4 X2 1/4 X 4 Inches and 1.5 V and bears no date code
This is a great meter and I'd like to find the right battery and not need
adapt a D Cell
Thanks in Advance
Bob