Upscale

"Prometheus" wrote in message
We're still going to need oil, we're
still going to have to cut down trees- it's not like we should all go
back to living in caves and riding on horseback or any of that
nonsense, but there is certainly room for admitting that something is
happening and working towards a reasonable solution.

I agree with everything you've said except it's going to be a real problem
changing the global consciousness. There's far too many people with the
selfish attitude that they're not going to be here when the world turns into
an unsalvageable garbage dump so why should they care? Then you have the
people at the top of the economic food chain who are not going to relinquish
their wealth without a great deal of kicking and screaming.

At the same time, you've got the have-not population of the planet (and
there's an overwhelming lot of them) who are aspiring to the lifestyle of
the haves. If the have-nots ever come to approach even partially the
economic status of the haves, the current destruction rate of the planet
will increase exponentially.

And lastly, there's the large segment of our population who believe science
will find a way out.

Me, I believe friendly aliens will visit earth and freely offer their
advanced science to fix all our woes.